Sunday, May 22, 2011

Starting up summer and summer start ups

Ever since the tornado it has been a little difficult to grasp that this semester is over and summer is here! I am back in Tampa for my little brother’s graduation which means I have a week to sit around and be creative. Although this summer will mainly consist of working and 9 (yes I said 9…) hours of classes, I have many other projects that I would like to start up. This list is made up of the following…
1. Watercolors! I want to paint some canvases to decorate my room in my apartment. My apartment has been semi-homey the past year but I feel like it needs a little umph if you know what I mean. 
2. Happy Healthy Summer. Working out is something I try to do everyday. However, I tend to like Chipotle, BBQ, and Mac and Cheese a tad more than the next person. This is why this summer I am making a serious effort to eat healthy and exercise intensely. My 21st birthday is in 6 months! I want to look the best I have looked in a really long time so I am kicking it into gear!
3. Journaling is something I have tried to start a couple of times but have epically failed at continuing. This time is the charm…I can feel it. I have been thinking about many random things recently that I need to be writing down. So here goes something…
4. I love cooking and baking, I always have. There are so many recipes that I see here on Tumblr, blogspot, or in my magazines that I want to save and make. So I want to start a recipe binder where I can keep all of my recipes organized and in one place. Let this deliciousness begin!
5. Starting a piggy bank may sound like a seriously childish thing to do. But you will be surprised how much money you can save when putting all of your spare change and cash into one place that is not easily accessible. I am not exactly sure what I am saving for yet..maybe traveling? new clothing? any other ideas?
6. Volunteering at an autism school/clinic. To be a behavioral therapist for kids with autism is something that has been a goal of mine since I changed my major to Psychology and Human Development. Now I just got to find one…
Well those are just some things I want to start up this summer. I will try and keep y’all updated on how I am doing with these projects. Does anyone else have cool plans for the summer?!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! You have officially inspired me to make a list...maybe not a summer list (since I no longer have a 'summer break') but perhaps a June list.....Lots to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! i would like to have new blogger friends! I always follow back and answer comments back too! i love it = )

    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete